Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A life more exciting...

Some people are probably wondering why the title of this blog is what it is...good question...

I have a few friends that really encouraged me to start blogging (none of them blog themselves...hi JW!) because I had all of these random things happening to (and around) me and they all thought it would be terrific fodder for a blog. We used to constantly joke that I was going to write my memoirs one day and that they would be ridiculous...

When I finally get around to writing my memoirs (despite Miley Cyrus' example, I do not think it is appropriate for someone under 45 to write any form of autobiography), they will be called "Tats are Forever: Tales From a Life More Exciting Than It Should Be."

Here's why:

I dated a boy in college and one day his mother asked me to go with her to get a tattoo (klassy, I know) and so I did (mainly because I wanted to watch the circus take place). We went to the tattoo parlor, she picked out her design, the tattoo artist showed her what it would look like, etc. He put the outline on her skin, she approved the location, and the work began. Fast forward to two days later...the college boyfriend's mother is in the bathroom (she told us she was taking a bath) and we can hear her crying. We knock on the door and ask what's wrong. She explains that she is trying to scrub the tattoo off of her body (side note: short of laser removal and fading with age, tattoos do not just "scrub" off). That is when I had to explain to her, "Tattoos are forever."

I can share the above story because I am no longer associated with any of those people. The boyfriend from college is now married and his mother went on to do a reality show. So, yeah...I am not really worried about what they think.

1 comments:

Stephanie @ Gossip. Style. Wed. said...

omg, i feel like we're going to have a lot in common.