Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend Adventures: Culinary Edition

This weekend S and I decided that sushi sounded good for dinner. Our favorite sushi dive, Backdoor Sushi (tragic name, I know), went out of business a few months ago so we were in search of another casual sushi place.

Enter AKA Sushi House.

Being a new restaurant, I wanted to try something new.

Let me introduce you to The Godzilla.



(Sorry for the crappy photo...I had to take this with my BlackBerry)

The description was something along the lines of "spicy tuna topped with salmon on a bed of tortilla chips." I was a little freaked by the addition of tortilla chips, but was willing to see what it was (plus I figured . I wish I had taken a picture of the initial presentation, but I was too eager...

When it came out, there were chips in between each of the pieces (in this photo you can see them stacked in the corner). Those "tortilla chips" were none other than Nacho Cheese Doritos. Oh wait, there's more...after the first bite I realized THERE WERE CRUSHED UP NACHO CHEESE DORITOS INSIDE THE ROLL.

For the record: it was surprisingly delicious.

7 comments:

Brit said...

I'm not a sushi fan, but the fact that they put Doritos in there makes me a fan, especially considering I LOVE to put Doritos on my sandwiches. Hope it was good!!

sarah said...

It really was good!

A Wedding Story said...

Doritos?? Yum! I had sushi for dinner!

marionsilver said...

Wow! How creative! I'd love to try that one out. Maybe I could whip up something similar in my kitchen as well! I wonder what it would taste if I used jalapeno flavored chips instead, hmmmm...

Lindsey said...

How yummy does that look?!

Stephanie @ Gossip. Style. Wed. said...

I'm shockingly jealous.

HoustonGurly said...

AKA Rocks! There's one near me and I love to go there. :)