Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Because I know you all are dying for my opinion...

I'll be honest here...

It has taken me a long time to get on board with "skinny" jeans. I saw them on some people and said "ooohh...those look cute on her..." and then I saw them on some people and said "no ma'am...did you really look in the mirror before you left the house?!?!?"

I was daring a few different times at the urging of ever-friendly sales staff and tried them on. Every time was a mega-FAIL.

Then during Gap's Give-and-Get weekend I went into Banana Republic. I was trying on some pants/jeans (this was the same weekend I fell in love with these pants, by the way...) and the sales lady who was helping me suggested that I go over and give Gap's new jeans line a try...

Let me tell you how skeptical I was...VERY. I have bought some things at Gap over the years, dresses, cardigans, etc. but I haven't bought a pair of jeans there since pre-college at the very least (read: a long time ago).

Anywho, I walked into Gap and discovered the GREATEST. SKINNY. JEANS. EVER.



These jeans actually fit! It's a miracle! They fit without giving a muffin top! They fit without making me look bigger than I am! I am not a big person at all, but for some reason EVERY PAIR I tried before THIS PAIR made me look like I had weird crazy proportions. Not good. Not good at all. But these jeans are terrific. You should check the new jeans by Gap. Or the revamped jeans. Or whatever. But go there and check them out. Oh yeah, and they don't cost $200...so they have that going for them too.

Plus, people like Slynnro, and Kate and Mrs. Mojito are hosting giveaways related to new Gap jeans.

And yes, S, this is another soliloquy to pants. I can't help it. When I like pants, I really like pants.

17 comments:

Cee said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the book suggestions!

I feel like these jeans must be amazing b/c so many people are talking about them! I have never been a huge fan of gap jeans but I think these are worth checking out!

Heather said...

I admit I love skinny jeans. I have a pair of seven and Hudson that are Fabulous.

I will try the Gap ones. Thanks for the suggestion!

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

These jeans look amazing! At least in the picture! And you are so right 99% of skinny jeans = tight jeans that make you look fat.

rundown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I've been debating skinny jeans for awhile, and have held off because of the reasons you noted. Looks like I will be stopping by Gap this weekend!

Annie said...

the jeans look super cute!
i still haven't ever bought a pair because of that 99% :| hopefully with my new eating routine and the gym i'll be able to squeeze into a pair soon ;)

the future mrs Hinz said...

it took me forever too - but when i foudn some at forever21 for $12 i gave them a shot and LOVE them! they are great in the fall/winter to tuck into boots too!

Kate Hanke said...

I don't like skinny jeans. I used to wear them in 5th and 6th grade, doesn't bring back good memories!

Cocaine Princess said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I have heard so many good things about these jeans. I need to go try them on!

Lyr said...

I would have to agree with you when it come to "getting on board" with skinny jeans. Hey at least you took the plunge! My but is way to big to fit in those suckers. Glad you found a pair you actually like!

Love the blog, by the way!

Miss E said...

I'm so heading to GAP this weekend to try these skinnies out. I keep reading such great things about them. And for as much as I've tried to make them work in the past, they've never looked good on me. We'll see with these! Thanks for the recommendation.

Brit said...

My best friend looks...To. Die. For. in skinny jeans. Even though I'm petite and skinny, my frame just does not look right in skinny jeans. And, I've been dying for a pair. Sigh.

Kudos to you! I'm sure you look stellar in them!

Midtown Girl said...

I LOVE my skinny jeans. I think I may try this Gap pair - looks uber comfy!

XOXO MG

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

oooo those are super sexy.

Carol said...

I just gave in and bought my first pair of skinny jeans last week!

p.s. LOVE Girl Talk!

Crazy Shenanigans said...

I love skinny jeans but I have big fat jumbo legs so they do NOT flatter me at all! These are cute though!

Kristin said...

I'm a sucker for skinnies. MUST try these!