Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Problem?

Me thinks not!

On Monday Kate asked the question "how many jackets can i purchase before it becomes "a problem"?"...which inspired today's post on the fact that I am obsessed with Fall clothing and have more than any Houstonian should.

I LOVE Fall (nevermind that I have never lived anywhere that has ever had a Fall). In fact, I am so set on having Fall in my life that I am on a firm house-hunting strike (sort of) because I refuse to believe that I will be here long term (I never said I was rational).

In my closet, I have 9 winter coats. 9! This does not include jackets or heavy sweaters or puffy vests (which S finds HILARIOUS). And the worst part is, I plan on buying at least one new one this year.



Also, tonight I am in full on panic-packing mode. I leave tomorrow for a weekend trip to New York and I don't know what I am going to be doing yet! You have absolutely no idea how crazy this sort of thing makes me. I am neurotic in my day-to-day life, but when it comes to packing I am out of control.

First of all, I like to know what I am doing when I am traveling. Then I need some alternate outfits for these activities. Add to that the fact that I am always cold so I pack all sorts of wraps & cardigans. All of these things need to be sorted out via packing lists once I have a clue what I am going to be doing.

So today will be all about making packing lists and editing packing lists, etc. etc. etc.

With a little luck I should be able to keep the checked luggage under 50 lbs.

16 comments:

Heather said...

I hate the 50lb rule.

I also love Fall and have TONS of clothes!! You would love it here in Chicago...you would def need the 8 winter coats!!

Samma said...

I love making packing lists. Sitting in the office- thinking about a trip and filling up legal pads with complicated lists. Ahhh, good times.

I hate cold weather, but I really like cozy turtlenecks. That and football to get me ready for fall.

carrie1 said...

I can't wait for FALL!!! Abso. my fav. time of year! =) Havee fun in NY, the bf and I are planning a trip up there soon to visit his family.

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

Fall is my favorite! I can't imagine a place without fall. I think it has to do with halloween. You can come visit me.

ihatemichigan said...

I hate trying to pack when you have no idea what you're doing when you're gone. It makes me crazy. Good luck!

Miss Emily Anne said...

Save room for all the clothes you will buy in NYC!! Everytime I go to NYC, I end up bringing 2 suitcases back! Have fun!!

Annie said...

i love fall!
have fun in NYC and making those packing lists ;)

Kassie said...

Oh, I am exactly the same way!! I ADORE the fall, so my favorite season.

And btw: you went to hs with Alexis Bledel!? How exciting! Glad to know she's just as sweet in person. :)

Pretty in Pink said...

you sound just like me! have fun in new york- i'm jealous!

Brit said...

I love, love, love the Fall. And every single year, I end up buying more coats, that I have had to kick the FI out of the coat closet....oops.

Llama said...

Your too adorable! Thanks for all the luck posted on my blog! I look forward to following you as well.
Have fun in New York! Have you been before? The weather says rain this weekend...but they are never right. ENJOY
p.s.
Fall is my favorite time of the year!!

Lauren said...

Have a super fun time in NYC!!!

Kelsey Smith said...

WAY too many coats for Texas -- haha! I am from Dallas and didn't have enough coats after I moved to Seattle and had to buy a ton! I could have just worn yours that you don't get enough use with :)

Stephanie @ Gossip. Style. Wed. said...

You did see that Heidi Merrick was having a sale on coats, right? Imjustsayin

Kristin said...

That damn scale. It's screwed me many a time!

gigiofca said...

Me loveth coats, too. I had the nerve to buy a new one, justified by a low price. Need to find my receipt and return. There are so many others to wear before getting a new one. Have fun searching for yours.