Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend Recap

Not really, though because I didn't do much this weekend.

I went to happy hour on Friday, ate barbecue and was in bed by 11. I napped most of Saturday and ran some errands. On Sunday I went to brunch, drank too many 50 cent mimosas and convinced S to go shopping with me again (probably his least favorite thing EVER).

But I want to thank the friendly staff of Splash Hand Car Wash 2 (catchy name, no?) for finding a little piece of my heart this weekend...


You see, last Thanksgiving we decided to road trip to Saint Louis, Missouri (from Houston). We wanted to take the dog (he's getting old) and it would have been way too stressful for him (and me) to be crated and flown.

We go to the wineries up there every year (I know...who knew there were wineries in Missouri? Not me. Until I went there to visit and now I know) in the Fall and every year I insist on doing the wine tasting at Mount Pleasant. When you do wine tasting, they give you the glass (I refuse to just buy a glass...maybe you can just bring your own? I have no idea.) I was still finishing my champagne (yes, I was drinking champagne out of this glass after I tried some red wine...no judgment) on the way to the car (this part of the afternoon got fuzzy) and apparently was eating some Fritos (I don't know where I got them, but I found the bag in the car the next day) while S drove me and some of his family members home. I was still holding the glass when we got pulled over for speeding so I shoved the glass under the seat for safekeeping (obvs). Well the next day I went to go look for the glass under the seat and I couldn't find it. Neither could S. Then we forgot about it until THIS WEEKEND.

S got his car washed and they found it under the seat!

This glass must be made of magic (or has powers to make itself invisible) because it survived endless moving of the seats, me fumbling under the seat looking for keys, etc.



It's Monday. I'm short on brain-power this morning but will be back with something more exciting...like the results of the Christmas Stocking poll!




*Not the actual glass that was found. And that is not my hand or S's or anyone I know for that matter. But the glass looks similar, but with crusty wine residue.

27 comments:

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

oooh yes I vote glass is made of magic!

I think most of my belongings are made of magic and hate me. When B looks for them they suddenly appear making me look like an ass.

sarah said...

Ugh. This happens to me with my keys and S. I look everywhere and all he does is walk in the room and go "Duh. Right in front of your face." I think he might be a wizard.

Eva Gallant said...

lol! glad you found the glass@

just stopping by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same.

rootsandrings said...

BBQ, sleeping, napping, mimosas... sounds like an EXCELLENT weekend!

Liz said...

Yes, Missouri does have a lot of wineries and it's the best place to spend a fall or spring day :)

Lindsey said...

Your weekend sounds like perfection!!

Future Mrs. H said...

I love that you shoved your glass under the seat when you got pulled over for speeding and the car wash guy found it... I love that story because it sounds EXACTLY like something I would do, hahaha.

Christa said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend! Thanks for stopping by my blog!! When did you graduate from A&M?

Just Add Walter said...

fun weekend! that is too funny... I find the strangest things in my car sometimes so I can totally relate to this story!!

PS: thanks for the advice you gave me on my blog... I think its really good advice!

Sole Matters said...

im so shocked no one has mentioned the fact that you said: 50 CENT MIMOSAS! wtf? where is this? atlanta, ga? no? BOO!

sarah said...

Yes. 50 cent mimosas in Houston. It's at an Irish pub. Nothing fancy, but 50 cents!

Jane said...

1. 50 cent mimosas?? That is incredible!
2. Also incredible is that wine glass. It knew it had more wine holding to do!

Sounds like a lovely, low key weekend! Happy Monday!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

Sounds like a great weekend, especially the 50 cent mimosas - my very favorite thing to drink ever!

Stephanie @ Just Shoe Me said...

I totally did a wedding at Mt. Pleasant two weeks ago.

You should come to St. Louis again.

Liz @ McFargan: A Midwestern Matrimony said...

When you come to St. Louis again, please let Stephanie and I know... we should have a bloggie meet up! :)

carrie1 said...

YAY for the recovery of the crusty wine glass! Always a nice surprise when you find a long forgotten item!

I can't wait to see the Christmas Sttocking poll! Post the results ASAP! =)

Dollface said...

cute blog!! im a new follower... hope u visit me as well, xxxooo

the future mrs Hinz said...

funny story - sounds like something i would do! glad it survived!

Sassy Chica said...

That happens to me all the time, whoopsie!!

Smooches,
Sassy Chica

Elizabeth Marie said...

Fiddy cent mimosa's??! And barbecue and sleep and shopping?

Sounds like an amazing weekend!!

Landlocked Bride said...

What a great surprise (I was going to say pleasant, but that was over-doing it).

And, of course I'm with Steph and Elizabeth. I'm thinking blogger meet up at Mt. Pleasant? Done and done.

Lindsay said...

whoa, whoa, whoa! 50 cent mimosas?!

Jules said...

That is such a funny story about the wine glass. I cannot believe it made it through the entire week and didn't break. I would totally try the champagne after the red wine too ;)

I love going to wine tastings!

Dustjacket Attic said...

Oh that's hilarious! Really amazing survival skills that glass, look after it, could be lucky :)
xxx

Jennifer said...

love your site...you are a great writer. felt like I was there! Oscar's quote is perfect. you're speaking my language!

Deva84 said...

wow! nice weekend!!! I would be dead after this amount of alcool! it's funny what we can find in our car...

Midtown Girl said...

I was laughing so hard when you wrote 50 cent mimosas!!

As my friend would say - "that looks like headache in a glass" LOL

XOXO