Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Everyone must take time to sit & watch the leaves turn.

Elizabeth Lawrence said this (I have no idea who that is, but my Gmail quote of the day let me know that she said it). Look, Liz, I would love to watch the leaves turn, but I live in Houston where it is pretty much always hot (or some variation of hot) and therefore, the leaves don't turn. At some point they suicide off the trees and die, but there is no "turning".

I am going to write about this, but I know that I will instantly regret it because it will force the weather to go all hot and gross on me again...this morning the temperature was pleasant. Not cool, but just significantly less hot. Fingers crossed it stays like this.




On another note, Google is trying to get into my good graces once again by bringing people to my little corner of the blogosphere. The problem is the topics that are causing people to find me.

I can deal with most of them:
life is exciting
periwinkle camp
periwinkle charity
a more exciting life
life more exciting blog

What I can't deal with are these:
housewives looking for fun houston texas
cool exciting chicken dinners
sarah blogspot cheesecake

This just makes me giggle:
will you please put some pants on
put some pants on
i told you to put on some pants



Google, we are getting better. But housewives looking for fun? Cool exciting chicken dinners? None of that applies. Please reevaluate whatever it is that you must reevaluate to not direct those people here. I am all for new readers, but I think those looking for bored housewives are going to be more than a little disappointed.

23 comments:

amy kelinda said...

Hahaha, who Googles "will you please put some pants on"? Whoever has that issue needs something more than Google to help.

Agreed about Houston weather (I just mentioned it yesterday, haha!). We'll never have the good fortune of seeing leaves turning here. But we do... um... have lots of dandelions! Yes, dandelions!

on the Rhoads of life said...

Wow on the housewives looking for fun google. Ridiculous!

Yes, the Houston weather was awesome this morning! I love this time of the year - it's the only time it's bearable to be outside. :-)

XOXO-
Sarah

Lindsey said...

Who googles that?! LOL!

Future Mrs. H said...

HAHAHAHA put your pants back on...

Gin said...

OMG!!! COOL, EXCITING CHICKEN DINNERS!!!! Best. Search term. Ever.

A lot of people find me looking for references to "public bralessness". Awesome.

Cee said...

I would love to find the person who googles "cool exciting chicken dinners."

They may be my long lost best friend.

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

I agree. I often dislike people searching for information on diaper genies ending up at my blog. However I get many hits from "period devil" this I like.

Miss Kriss said...

First of all, I totally know what you mean about the Houston weather! My fiance has literally been begging me to book our plane tickets to go visit his brother...I think, Wow - A trip to Houston would be fun!...and then I sign onto weather.com and check the forecast and I'm like, "Umm, let's wait till next month!" :) Hope you enjoy the not miserable weather there today! :)

As far as the google search? Hilarious!! :)

Lisa Anne said...

HOw do you know what google has for key words to bring your blog up?

Dollface said...

I dont think any of us have the time to watch the leaves turn... geez... and I need to get into this google reader thing... xxxoo

Stephanie Faris said...

You think that's bad, more people find me through searching "life as a stripper" than anything else. I wrote a blog about stripping once, I guess, even though I never was one.

landlocked bride said...

I think my favorite is "cool exciting chicken dinner." Hilarious! My google search words are pretty boring.

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

Haha! I love all of the Google searches - how do people come up with those? Too funny!

Sassy Chica said...

Gotta love good ol google!

Smooches,
Sassy Chica

Mrs. Sitcom said...

"cool exciting chicken dinners"...where to begin?! Has anyone really ever thought of a chicken dinner as 'cool' OR 'exciting'?! I think I'll use this as the theme for my next party -- should be a winner! I'm trying not to laugh too loudly at my desk...it's not working.

tincupchalice said...

Thanks for your comment! Your blog is hilarious! I've loved what I've read so far. Especially about Kanye (he can suck it) and drivers in the rain (I live in Florida and the drivers here FREAK OUT when it's raining which is f'ing ridiculous since it rains here A LOT) and the part about the bridesmaids dress (I'm actually having a party this Saturday where all my girlfriends are wearing their bridesmaids dresses just for fun). So, thanks ... and I look forward to more ...

Jane said...

I told you to put some pants on... hmmm, under what context would one google that! ha! This is too funny.

Shanny said...

Heehee, thanks you had me giggling during the whole post!

Emma said...

That's so exciting! I'm really enjoying my studies thus far. Yeahh- I was definitely groaning but there are no agendas. I appreciated it because he does mention religious experiences and attending Marxist lectures etc etc If nothing else, reading his experience as a community organizer I understand his wanting universal health care and such. I'm slow to recommend it yet because it could easily be influential but it's not boring!! Do you have any recommended reads?

FashionAddict said...

LOL, that's great!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

Hi again! I just wanted to tell you that I left an award for you on my blog!

mamagooch said...

Well, I'd be lying if I said I have never Googled "Will you put some pants on."

anotherfishinthesea said...

ok the entire second set is hilarious. chicken dinners and cheesecake?
ha