Tuesday, September 29, 2009

True Story.

I have nothing to talk about today so I thought I would share this*.

A few weeks ago (Labor Day weekend), S starts telling me he is not feeling well...

So I did what any good fiancee would do...I went home and announced I wasn't coming back until he was well.

In my defense, it is the last cold & flu season we can avoid each other. I am taking advantage of it. Plus, I am a total pain in the ass when I don't feel good. And I am allergic to acetaminophen (please don't spike my drink...it will kill me) so I don't get to take the good cold medicine.

S's diagnosis: swine flu

For real.



His response to this diagnosis: I have been craving bacon lately...**


*He had mentioned that he didn't want this blogged about, but he is currently on a plane (Hi, S! I love you!) so he won't read this for a couple of days. If I really thought that he didn't want it mentioned I wouldn't have, but I don't think he cares. I just think he was grumpy.

**In his defense, he was sick. Things are funny when you are high on Nyquil that might not otherwise be funny.

21 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Poor guy, but why oh why is he traveling when he has swine flu?!?!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amy kelinda said...

Yikes! But I love how his first reaction is that he really wanted bacon, hahaha... My friend's mother caught the dreaded swine flu and was shut in her house until it was over. No thanks!

Blackeyed_Susan said...

Poor guy! Glad you stayed far away!

Lindsey said...

Aw poor guy, hilarious response though!

Cee said...

ahhh! not the swine flu!

actually I kind of am hoping I will get it, just to be able to say when all this is over that I had it.

plus I know it would be a good way to get out of work...as I don't think I have ever even gotten the real flu I doubt I will be so lucky.

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

I'm glad he is feeling better and glad that you did not get Swine Flu, too!

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

soooo this is crazy. I guess you didn't get it? Did it seem worse than regular flu? What was so swiney about it?

landlocked bride said...

Hope he is feeling better now!

Future Mrs. H said...

Aw hope he gets better soon! Thank goodness you're not sick!

Kristin said...

Ah ha, I always tell the hubs after the fact when I've blogged about him. Being the sweet wife that I am, I'm usually making fun of him. Ah ha. Good thing we aren't oinking!

DREW'S MOM said...

Sick or not, it amused me.. LOL. Hope he's feeling better!

happy_wife said...

Oh my!! Poor S! I can't wait to tell my Mam that I know of someone else in H-Town with Swine Flu.

Swine Flu+Mam freaking out=good blog material for Jane.

Tell S thanks for taking one for the team. And seriously, how can he even think of censoring you!? You have people that NEED to know what is going on in the life is Sarah and S!

the future mrs Hinz said...

i would have peaced out too!!! you dont need the swine flu! ick!

Miss E said...

Oh that's horrible! Sending well wishes his way. I hope you don't get it! Take tons of Vitamin C!

In this wonderful life... said...

oh no!!!! I hope he is all well and you are smart to stay away!!

anotherfishinthesea said...

oh that stinks!
sounds like a good thing you went home. :)

Mrs. Sitcom said...

OH MY GOD. SO FUNNY! (Sorry for the all caps...I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF.) Too funny. Hope he feels better soon. (And Mr. Perfect says the same thing about blogging sometimes...I listen as well as you do!)

Stephanie Faris said...

The good news is, if they caught the swine flu early enough, he'll be better in just a couple of days. That stuff they give works wonders. I work for the department of health here in TN and the medical people at work were telling me about it.

Elizabeth Marie said...

Umm good thinking getting out of there woman! No oink oink for you.

I ALWAYS crave bacon. I wonder if I was born with the swine flu.

Do not answer that.

Glad he's better!!!!

Whitney said...

That sucks!
Glad he is better!
That is seriously what I thought I had last week! It's scary!