Monday, October 5, 2009

I have upset the Karma gods...

This weekend started like this...

Hint: I should have stuck with these pretzels.

And ended like this...



You see, guys, it's all fun & games until someone gets food poisoning*.

It was my fault. I blame two things: under-cooked brats and men in fake lederhosen.

Not the actual shirts, but very similar. I now regret not taking a picture.

The actual bratwurst that tried to kill me.

Prior to finding out I had food poisoning, the evening was a great time. Thanks to Jen and Jim for inviting us to Oktoberfest at the St. Arnold's Brewery. S got way too drunk. Same goes for Jim. Jen wore her dirndl.


Isn't she festive?



But I am serious about having upset the karma gods. Last week dog diarrhea in the shoe and now food poisoning. Luckily, I was well enough to stay awake for both Dallas Divas & Daughters on Style as well as My Monkey Baby on TLC.




*Yes, it was real live food poisoning, not the "I'm hungover, but too ashamed to admit it so I am blaming something else" poisoning that S always claims to have (sidenote: without fail, just about every time we go out and drink, S is hungover the next day and he almost always claims to be "coming down with something"...if you suggest he is hungover he will guffaw and say "no way, I didn't drink much...this is a cold/flu/ebola/etc...)

22 comments:

rootsandrings said...

Reason 763 why you should never eat tubed meat.

Gross.

Cee said...

Well at least you had fun pre-food posioning?

I dvr-ed My Monkey Baby and really want to watch it. Probably will as soon as I get home unless I can motivate myself to workout.

Miss Kriss said...

Ohhh girl, that sucks! Actually I got food poisoning from an Oktoberfest one time, so I can really feel your pain. That's why I've pretty much sworn off all brats. Extra large beers in steins, however, are still acceptable.

Stephanie @ Just Shoe Me said...

Is it bad that this made me think of Zoolander?

"Miranda, we're all throw up. It's a great way to lose a couple pounds before a show."

Dollface said...

yuck. Food poisoning is the worst... I had it one year on New Years with regards to sushi... I stayed away from sushi for a while... im sorry dolly.. xxxoo

amy kelinda said...

Ebola, hahaha... But yikes, that's awful! I hope your recovery is quick. I got food poisoning once and remember distinctively not enjoying it. I would preferred the hangover.

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

How terrible! I had food poisoning and wound up in the ER! It was the most horrible experience. I hope you feel better soon!

carrie1 said...

Ewwwie..... I hope you feel better soon. =)

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

things I have learned:
You are blonde.
You have a manicure
You eat brats
You wear halter tops.


don't even bother covering your eyes. I have sharp deductive skills.

Samma said...

Ugh- I am a huge hot dog/sausage lover in all their varieties. That is disgusting and disappointing. Hubs is always coiming down with something too- usually the cocktail flu.

Kristin said...

UGH, been there. Hope you're feeling better! I have been known to consume one too many brats at times.

landlocked bride said...

Hope you're feeling better.

And, how was My Baby Monkey? Not gonna lie, was a bit freaked out by the show, that I couldn't watch it.

anotherfishinthesea said...

I hope you are feeling better!

I had to change away from My Monkey Baby as well...

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Ok, so I watched Dallas Divas and was totally disappointed. I am front Dallas and think that was a HORRIBLE representation of us southerners~

Just Add Walter said...

aww, sorry you got sick

FashionAddict said...

Feel better!

Carol said...

Oh no! Feel better!

♥ sarahbeth. said...

haha that's so gross. omg i watched "my monkey baby" on tlc too! wasn't it hilarious?!?! xoxo

Llama said...

Ohhh no! You poor thing! Im so sorry, thats sooo scary! I hope that you are feeling better! 'p.s. your outfit was totally adorable!

gigiofca said...

I'd say you were still buzzing if you tuned into Monkey Baby. *lol*

mamagooch said...

Oktoberfest! My husband always says that the morning after drinking. "I don't feeeeeeeeeel good." No mercy, bud!

jules said...

You I think I WILL use the "food poisoning" next time I overindulge!