Thursday, October 29, 2009

In Honor of Having No Time...

This week, I have actually had to work while at work (the horror!) and I have been more than busy at home, so in honor of me being more popular busy than usual, I am going to take a page from Sarah (good name!) at SkinnyRunner and tell you who you should go check out (this list isn't short...I am trying to include something for everyone):

SkinnyRunner
: She's funny. And she runs. Since I am not really a "workout" sort of gal, I feel like I burn some calories when I read her race reports. Oh and she fishes a few months a year in Alaska.

Martinis or Diaper Genies?: Look, we all know she's obsessed with me. So go over there and make her feel cool. She needs it. She doesn't get out much.

The Franzia Files: I know her in real life. She's funny. Once her husband ran over the third row seats to their Tahoe while driving the Tahoe. Go over to her blog and ask her about it.

Scented Glossy Magazines
: All Bravo. All the time. Enough said. (Except when she posts pictures of her husband's butt)

Just Shoe Me: Go read about the random things that happen to Stephanie.

Millitini Straight Up, With a Twist: I'm not sure how I originally found her, but now I am hooked.

Landlocked Bride
: Great ideas for people planning a wedding (or a party) (or obsessed with weddings) (or who like to look at pretty things).

Life on a Hanger
: She helps me kill time at work by Google chatting with me (S's assistant stopped answering my calls a long time ago). So props to her. She talks about clothes and music and random things (like hot dogs being dyed red).

(flash) pasteurized
: We share a mutual hate of cockroaches and a love of Purell. But I will warn you, she has a long list of allergies so if you ever hang with her in real life, be prepared to use an EpiPen.






And in honor of Halloween this weekend, leave your favorite (or absolute worst) Halloween costume in the comments. I want to hear all about it.

18 comments:

"Julie" said...

bahaha, last minute halloween costume: red hotdog??? SICK.

I once saw a girl wearing a white trash bag (which is basically clear) and a hot pink bra and g-string underneath...she was "white trash"....yeah.

Kristin said...

I already love some of those ladies but I'll def check out the others. I could do without the dude "behind" the sheep costume. If you know what I'm sayin'.

Whitney said...

What a fun idea! I'm going to check them out!

carrie1 said...

Work is over rated! =)

Hmmm worst Halloween costumes.. Tigger from Winnie the Pooh. It was heavy.. hot... and was sticking to my body with that hard nylonie crap inside.

amy kelinda said...

Best Halloween costume? When I was Pikachu. ALL HANDMADE, BABY. It was awesome. The worst? I have no idea. I prefer to think that all of my costumes were pretty rad (even though they weren't).

Milltini said...

aw, well...however you found me, I am sure glad that you did. Your comments are always some of my favorites. I can't wait to check out these other folks.

Cee said...

Best costume by far was the blue crayon in a box of crayons. We had homemade dresses in the color of the crayon, with fishnets dyed to match and we put water bottles on our heads with hair wrapped around them to be the point.

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

so obsessed. Like in beyonce all crazy on your white ass obsessed.

At least I'm skinny said...

I was Victoria Beckham last year and no one knew who I was. It was a disaster.

brit @ landlocked bride said...

Hey lady! Thanks for the blog love!!

I was a flight attendant last year, and no one new what I was at all. Everyone kept asking "What are you supposed to be?". The kicker? My fiance was dressed as a pilot. No one could put two and two together.

Lindsay said...

what a great post idea!

Midtown Girl said...

I saw someone in a garbage bag too!! WTH is that about lol!?

Hope you have a wonderful weekend love! XOXO

Shanny said...

You had to work at work??? the travesti! I hate when that happens, it sucks =)

Loving the list of blogs... running over to check them out..

meredith said...

speaking of food allergies, i just got back from a conference and some dumbass waiter forgot the whole "i stop breathing around shellfish" and put a piping hot dish of lobster tail and scallops in front of me... needless to say, it wasn't ingested so i got out with some pretty cute hives on my face and chest. i told people they were beauty marks and they shouldn't judge.

let's see costumes... last year at pub fiction, i saw this chick dressed up as a shower loofa. it was actually kind of clever. she stuck yellow tool all over her and bobby pinned a string to her hair. kind of a slutty loofa, but whatev, still clever.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

TONS of new blogs to add to my list -- yay!!!

Mrs. Sitcom said...

Great list! Totally cracked up about Franzia -- so if you run over the seats to a car WITH THAT CAR, doesn't that create a rip in the space-time continuum or something? Or it's similar to going 88 miles per hour in a DeLorean?! Something like that. Congratulations on being so popular. [Crosses out that last sentence.] Happy Halloween!

mamagooch said...

YES! Thank you. I am bored out of my mind and will now fill my time stalking these people :o)

skinnyrunner.com said...

wow thanks for all the love but im taken....