Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Only in Texas

I am heading to New York today for the rest of the week and in honor of the fact that I will get the chance to wear coats for the rest of the week/weekend, I present you guys with my newest series...

Only in Texas.


Okay, so most of you guys know that I am not Texas' biggest fan. The state has its perks, there's no denying that. But I'll be honest...I'm over its perks.

I am looking for a change. And this heat (temps in the 90s...IN OCTOBER) and humidity (on Wednesday it was literally 100%) are not helping things. I need 4 seasons (please don't tell me I can move somewhere else in the state that has cooler temps...I know this...I'm a native Texan...I need a change that involves 4 REAL seasons).

It doesn't help matters that every TV show represents Texas with ridiculous stereotypes (I hate to let you all down, but I don't have longhorn cattle on my lawn...bummer).

But we all know stereotypes are usually based on something real.

I have no idea how often this will occur. It depends on what's in the news or what's going on around me. Because there really are some ridiculous things around here.

Today's photo was sent to me a while back by a friend in Austin. Without further ado, I present to you the first installment of Only in Texas:





Have a great rest of the week!

25 comments:

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

You're going to NY! I suggest you don't go back to Texas. Stay in NY. Then meet me at the birthday bar in Philly. Bring me a some pizza.

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

ps
did you know you have 2300 profile views? Who on earth is looking at that thing that much?

"Julie" said...

have a safe trip!! You'll be missed on gchat, plus I'm bitter about missing "Flipping Out".....

Samma said...

hahahahah! That is great. Have an awesome time in NY- I know you are super excited.

Whitney said...

Have fun in NY! So much fun!

Dollface said...

yay NY!!! Let me know if youre around... although I wont be back here till Sunday.... xxxoo

rootsandrings said...

So... I don't get it.

I love Texas. It hurts my eyes to read that you don't love it.

on the Rhoads of life said...

Have fun in NYC! I will be sweating it up in the TX for ya! :-) We are supposed to have a cold front this weekend, so who knows.

Cee said...

you don't have longhorn cattle in your yard? damn...I am disspointed.

Have fun in NY!

carrie1 said...

NYC is a blast! Stay there don't go back to over rated Texas! =) Virginia is also nice as well... no complaints here. =)

Laura Trevey said...

have fun in NYC!!!

landlocked bride said...

Have fun in NYC!

And, love the new series. That license plate is crazy.

Shanny said...

Have fun in NY =)
If you see a crazy girl running behind you screaming your name.... that would be me so please don't call the cops!

Allyson said...

too funny! my family is originally from TX and i've been down there in the middle of summer. oh my wow is it ever humid!! wowza!

hope you have a fabulous trip to NYC! :)

Kristin said...

Have a blast! Think of me sweating here in Florida. I thought when I moved to Houston, I was in for some better weather. Joke was on me. Ah ha

Elizabeth Marie said...

Have funnnn! I'm SO JEALOUS!

Emma said...

This is fabulous! I have friends in Lubbock and Midland- but bless your heart! And God bless Texas!! Xo!

Perfectly Pleasant said...

4 seasons, what is that?! Florida doesn't have those either... I feel your pain.

Carol said...

Enjoy the Big Apple!

Jane said...

I love New York this time of year! Have so much fun!

Llama said...

Welcome to NEW YORK...its freeeeezing here right now and it is supposed to rain for the next four days...with a "nor-easter" storm...I'll switch with youuuu! You can stay here and ill go to TEXAS. As far as the stereotypes go...do I have to wear cowboy boots? I'll need to buy a pair!

youngwivestales said...

I was in Texas when I was about 7, still have the neon pink "Dallas" hat and my Dallas Cowboys gear haha...
I always thought I'd grow up to be a Cowboys Cheerleader! bahahaha oh the things we think of when we are young...
anyways enjoy your time in NY, i am super jealous, I want to go back!
xox
tanya

mamagooch said...

Hilarious!! I totally know what you mean about seasons... here in Florida it's perpetually 90 degrees- but today it's in the 60s... I'm in heaven!

amy kelinda said...

HAHA. Oh Texans. I love our state, though, even for all its quirks. Well, sometimes that love turns into "love to hate" real quick. Like when the temperature reaches 80+ degrees and it's NOVEMBER.

HoustonGurly said...

I <3 Texas! And you are SO missing out on the awesome weather we're having right now! Seriously, low humidity and in the 70s. Beautiful weather!