Monday, October 12, 2009

Reason #98 I Wasn't Born Famous (or Reason #672 I Don't Live in LA)

This weekend, S was out of town so I went shopping.

I walk in the store (it's not big) and there is a woman in the back corner with a dog. I am not anti-dog. I am pro-dog all the way. But this was not a seeing-eye dog. It was not a dog in a purse (not that I am necessarily for that, but you realize this is much more normal in the middle of a store). It was a dog that looked about the size of a corgi (maybe). (This is weird because she was in the middle of the store. This doesn't happen often in my experience in Houston.)

So I do what I would do to anyone in that situation. I sighed loudly and gave her the stink-eye. It was well-deserved. Trust me.

This is when she turns around and looks at me. I do not divert my stare.

Fast-forward to me making my purchase...

Sales person: Did you see that lady with the dog? (Sidenote: she says this like she's annoyed)
Me: Yes. I gave her the stink-eye and she caught me, but the worst part is she looks familiar.
Sales person: Yeah. That was Selma Blair.

27 comments:

Lindsay said...

bahahaha. awesome.

rootsandrings said...

Bahaha. Why was she here? Does she live here?

I don't think dogs should be in stores. But I'm not brave enough to give stink-eyes. I just get annoyed and then complain to my husband. Or to my blog!

Justine said...

Oh.My.Gosh. Too funny!!

on the Rhoads of life said...

OMG - too funny! What store were you in?

amy kelinda said...

HAHAHA!! Okay, first, what was Selma Blair doing in our city? Second, in what situation would ANYONE, even Selma Blair, need to go shopping with their dog in tow?

Cee said...

hahahaha! That is awesome!

However...even though she is Selma Blair she shouldn't get to break all the rules. I would love to be able to take my dog wherever the hell I want but I can't. And I don't think it is that sanitary to bring dogs into store...and what if someone is allergic or scared? Shame on you Selma.

Samma said...

My addiction to Star magazine (especially ones with the headline "Stars Without Makeup") means that I could NEVER be a celeb.

Annie said...

oh my gosh!! that is way too funny!!

meredith said...

and to think, i thought you were into FASHION, sarah?!

Elizabeth Marie said...

HAHA good for you. I'm not a fan of her. :)

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

Few things,
What is a corgi?
I hate Selma Blair. I always think of her in cruel intentions and picture her to also be a semi mentally challenged whore.

Lauren said...

Hahaha!!! What a great story!

Shanny said...

I guess she would look a lil familiar heehee

Dollface said...

shuttup!!! hahaha.... omg... so weird, xxxxoo

landlocked bride said...

Hahah. Love it!

Perfectly Pleasant said...

haha, too funny! Way to stick to your guns!

Allyson said...

Hi! I found your blog from Martinis or Diaper Genies. You crack me up! I am your newest follower :)

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

ahahahahaha i'm dying. that's awesome. Selma Blair ALWAYS has the stink eye face!

anotherfishinthesea said...

HAHAH that is hilarious. Nice moves.

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

That is too funny - you now get to tell everyone that you gave Selma Blair a dirty look!

I think they either need to let everyone bring their dogs or no one. People should not get special treatment because they're a celebrity.

Blackeyed_Susan said...

hilar!

happy_wife said...

Oh, cut Selma some slack. She was probably just hungry. Poor girl probably hasn't eaten since 1991.

I have the same problem. No, wait. Nope. Not even a little. My problem is glandular.

Future Mrs. H said...

LOVE that you gave her the stink eye... we should be bff. I am a pro at the stink eye.

Whitney said...

Oh wow! That is awesome!

mamagooch said...

Pahahhaahahahahaha! SO GREAT!!!!

Christina said...

oh wow, how funny! I actually really love Selma Blair, so this is super exciting for me :o)

happy_wife said...

Oh thought of you...The Husband told me over the weekend that Selma Blair is in town doing a play. And she is also doing some fun raisers for a no-kill shelter and has been taking dogs in attempt to help them get adopted.

Ok, that last part I made up....