Tuesday, November 17, 2009

MOST. IMPORTANT. DECISION. OF. YOUR. LIFE.

Not really, but probably pretty close.

S and I are having our engagement pictures taken this Sunday. And because I am neurotic a planner, I have been going over my potential outfits for a couple of weeks now. The plan is to do some casual photos and then some dressier ones. Even better, I decided with a week to go before pictures, maybe I should watch what I eat and go to the gym. Strategy for success if I ever heard it.

I have the casual outfit in the bag. No question about it. Some trouser jeans, a sweater and some heels. Enthralling, I know.

The dressier outfit is a short black dress (you don't have to tell me how original that is) and one of two pairs of shoes.

And here is where you make THE MOST IMPORTANT DECISION OF YOUR LIFE...

Which pair should I choose?

The first pair:



The second pair:



I also have some dark red (NOT burgundy) suede heels that are similar in shape to the leopard and are also under consideration.

Which should it be? Gold? Leopard? All of the above because they are both so fabulous? None of the above because they are tacky as hell?*


UPDATE: I am going to choose between two black dresses that are pretty similar (one hasn't arrived yet, but should be here today)...both are jersey** (but neither is casual...does that even make sense?).




*Please note, I may completely disregard whatever the hell you guys say, but that doesn't mean I don't care.

**Jersey as in cotton jersey. Not as in "Dirrrty Jersey."

29 comments:

carrie1 said...

Cheetah print all the waaaaaaaaaay! Sassy and Fun! =) Can't wait to see the pictures.

Stephanie said...

This makes me sound like a total psycho, but what fabric is the dress?

Kthankx.

Cee said...

Personally...I like the gold...well I like them both but the gold seems to say "engagement"

Samma said...

I vote leopard!

Kristin said...

Kitten print baby. LOVE them!

meredith said...

animal print, and clearly MY opinion matters. i can't wait to see the pics!!

Lindsey said...

Def the animal print!

amy kelinda said...

I say go with the gold. GOOOOLD! Because the peep toe is hot.

Whitney said...

I say dark red!

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

GOLD no question or red. in 20 years you'll be like, I was a whore if you wear leopard.

Also the MORE important question is what is S wearing? I fully regret what we wore for our e-pics. Too matchy stupid ugly. I also look like a lesbian.

At least I'm skinny said...

Gold so they make your legs look amazingly long (like nude shoes but much more better).

HoustonGurly said...

Love the animal print!

jessalyn said...

i think red...while i love the leopard print, its not necessarily a timeless look- and the gold are cute too- but they look sparkly and if you are taking pics outside, i'd be worried that the sun would sparkle off them and in the pics your feet will look like edward cullens feet. (sorry- thats the only thing i could think of that was efficiently sparkly- well besides fertilized crops in farmville, but i thought saying that would just make me look like a huge loser).

Melli said...

I think the leopard because when your grandchildren look at this photo someday they are going to raise their eyebrows and go, 'Grandma...she was hot'.

"Julie" said...

gold or leopard, depends on how much of a statement you wanna make...get ready for me to be running through the background in my chicken suit with a jar of MAYONnaise....bahahah

Dollface said...

First pair please :) xxxoo

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

as i sit in my long johns sweat shirt no bra and slipper socks feeding my 14 mth old banana chunks i feel i have not so much as a blip on the 'what would look best' meter

Sara said...

LEOPARD! Definitely.

Milltini said...

ALL OF THE ABOVE, ALL OF THE ABOVE, ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!

rootsandrings said...

Back and forth, back and forth. I settled on gold.

(Also, in response to your comment today... we have tamales and chili on Christmas Eve too!)

Ams said...

All of the above... shoes are so easy to slip on and off, do a few pics with all of the above :)
Problem solved.

anotherfishinthesea said...

I like the gold but maybe mixing them up and bringing all of them isn't a bad idea!

Elizabeth Marie said...

Gold!!! OR red...but I would need to see those.

Ha so bossy

happy_wife said...

I don't want to tell you what I think because I am one of those people who lack all style. So, it would probably push you in a confusing direction if I were to comment. Seriously, check me out next wine night....so sad.

I am, however, concerned about your recent drug use. Seeing as you must be high to think you need a diet, I must intervene. You could inhale a LuAnn Special everyday until then and still look beautiful.

Shanny said...

Hmmm, difficult difficult difficult.... I guess the gold one???? They are both fabulous!
(Not going for the red)

brit @ landlocked bride said...

I vote red, but that's because I love a red shoe. Otherwise leopard.

Brandy said...

found you from martini's or diaper genies. i'm diggin your blog. go with the gold or red. When you look back at your picture in 20 years - you don't want to say I REALLY wore leopard. I'm only saying that because leopard print really isn't timeless.

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman said...

Hmm, am a little late to the party, but the GOLD. No doubt. Shiny is always fun!

ZDub said...

I vote red. Always.