Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Only Thing I Love More Than Complimenting Myself...

...Is Hearing Others Compliment Me...

...and getting blog awards is basically the same thing as people complimenting me IN A PUBLIC FORUM.

Seriously, you people know how to get in good with me.

First up, Miss Emily Anne gave me the Este Blog e Super Fofo award. Loosely translated (thank you 11 years of Spanish) means "This Blog is Super Flop" but when I clicked the picture to save it, the name that came up was "Super Cute Blog Award" which completely applies to me so I am going to take it as a good thing.


The next award given to me is from Cee over at Curiosity and it is "The Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award" which just sounds fancy, so naturally she thought of me...



Whenever you get an award, you are supposed to follow the "award rules" but that's not really my style, so I am just going to leave you kids with some random factoids about moi...

- I am obsessed with Dateline, 20/20, Investigation Discovery, and 48 Hours. S has already forbidden me from watching Black Widow Week (about wives who kill their husbands, not the spiders) on ID next week.

- I am not interested in vampires (I have mentioned it before, but I feel like it needs to be repeated). I do love ghosts and aliens.

- I think cats are uninteresting pets. Unless you put wigs on them. Then I support it.

- I think Nickleback is the most terrible band ever. Followed very closely by Creed (one of S's FAVE bands).

- I love myself. Seriously. So if you want to leave me compliments in the comment section, feel free. If I get something really great, I may even brag about you.

21 comments:

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

thank god you referenced me at least once in this post.
also those bands you listed, we call them "8th grade bands" it doesn't mean you had to listen to them in 8th grade, it's just the type of caliber of fan you have as a band.
Use it.

My compliment to you is that you're really smart for being my blog friend.

"Julie" said...

So does that mean you're excited that "With Arms Wide Open" is your first dance??

Hailey {HRH} said...

um hello! the title of your blog alone makes me love you even more than i already do! hahaha! LOVES IT :)

Children of the 90s said...

Ugh, Nickelback. A friends of mine told me she went to their concert and "just loved it!" I died a little inside.

Samma said...

The song Photograpgh makes me throw up in my mouth. I had the same reaction when I heard Creed is reuniting.

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

i too share your love of investigatory journalism

congrats on your awards

carrie1 said...

BLAHHHHHHHHH... to Nickelback...and to CREED

Cee said...

ugggg....i loathe nickleback. everytime I hear that "i wanna be a rock star nonsense" i feel like jabbing a pencil into my ear.

Ams said...

Nickelback makes me LOSE ME MIND. And I am Canadian so somehow I think I am supposed to like them but I would rather...
well I can't say on a public forum what I would rather do.
I love myself too, almost as much as I love you... does that count for anything?!

amy kelinda said...

You're amazing. And your picks for "2 worst bands ever" are exactly the same as mine, except the top position is constantly shifting. I think we should put Nickelback and Creed into an arena and have them fight it out Gladiator style to see which band shall reign supreme in awfulness. I'd watch it. As long as there was no music involved.

meredith said...

i happen to love vampires (obvs) but i too hate (or as you said, find uninteresting) cats. get this, my assistant has four cats and apparantly sent in a photo of them like two years ago. about a month ago she received a CATS calendar in the mail and their TINY photo is on july 23, 2010 slot. she's so excited she's put the calendars everywhere. in case you're wondering, she's not married.

oh and to: sarah "we all just wanna be big rockstars." love, nickelback.

jessalyn said...

ooh sorry about that reference to edward cullen and the sparkles the other day...i'm not so much a vampire lover, per se- just what popped into my head when thinking of things that sparkle in the sun. i'll refrain from making any more vampire comparisons.
also, because you love compliments- i started stalking your blog because of all the witty things you leave as comments on MODG. you and amanda are brilliant & i am slightly obsessed now with both your blogs and the comments you leave each other.

Kristin said...

Tell me your kidding about Creed. S really loves them??? Yikes. I find you to be one, pee in your pants hilarious, Texas by the way.

brit @ landlocked bride said...

Yay for your awards!!

Elizabeth Marie said...

I hate cats but now I want to get one to put wings on it and see if it can fly.

I'm very juvenile.

At least I'm skinny said...

I was not aware of Black Widow week. I am turning my tv on right now to set my DVR.

anotherfishinthesea said...

You are a genius. And I almost made a typo writing genius. Duh Friday braindeadness. And ew nickleback! (and creed.) Although it is funny to see J and his friends drunk and singing old Creed ballad style. Happy weekend!

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

hi. B is watching football and I'm commenting on blogs. It's riveting so I thought i'd stop by this weird place.
ps take your GD word verification off.

Park Avenue Princess said...

Congrats on the award :)

Jane said...

I am not so into cats either, but cats with wigs, that sounds fun.

Midtown Girl said...

Congrats on the awards darling!

And btw - Investigation Discovery is one of my fav networks!!