Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Try Not To Miss Me.

I have so much to say today, but none of it is really cohesive, so deal with it.

- We took our engagement pictures this weekend. I have no idea how they went. My facial expressions varied between maniacal smiling and scowling (I haven't seen the proofs, the photographer just kept saying "don't look so angry" repeatedly). I didn't take most of your advice on shoes. I went with the gold ones mainly because I am awesome and they sparkled. S says I can't publish them on the blog. If this upsets you, please direct your complaints to him, not me. Maybe if you guys show him how mad you are, he will change his mind, but maybe not. It would probably be best to leave him compliments (boys are easy to persuade).

- Last night, the Houston Texans played a football game on MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. I say this in all caps because apparently I am supposed to care about this. I do not care about the NFL. What I do care about is the fact that they creates ridiculous traffic problems all over the city causing my one week of work that is supposed to be TRAFFIC FREE to be a TOTAL EFFING NIGHTMARE. I was surrounded by people in jerseys in traffic and I didn't like it one bit.

- This is my last day posting for the week. It's okay if this gives you the sads. It happens to most people when they know I won't be around. The good news for me is that this is my last day of work for the week and I am off to Missoura (I know it has an "i" at the end, but that's how all the hoosiers say it...I'm trying to get into the spirit of the state) until Sunday. AND WE ARE FLYING THIS YEAR (sidenote: last year I got the GENIUS idea to drive and S who never listens to me, listened to me and it sucked...actually the ride up didn't suck but the ride home was AWFUL). Lord knows I will come back with some stories.

In the meantime, leave your favorite Thanksgiving memory in the comments. (I will even leave the very first comment for you guys to show you how it's done. You're welcome.)

17 comments:

jessalyn said...

my favorite thanksgiving memory has to be me having the brilliant idea to have the fam (his and mine) over to our (me and the bfs) house when i had first moved in. NEVER try to have turkey day dinner at a bachelor pad. besides the lack of silverware and serving dishes (stuff still tastes the same off paper plates and plastic forks!), i had to make people sit on outdoor furniture. yup. green plastic chairs. talk about classy.

jessalyn said...

p.s. have a fab turkey day- and you will be seriously missed.

rootsandrings said...

We will miss you. Can we meet in real life and then can you show me the pictures?? Are you going to PW?

My favorite Thanksgiving memory was my sophomore year in high school. I took one of those free classes at Williams Sonoma and learned to make rolls. I doubled the recipe for our huge family and after the dough rose, it was taking over the kitchen. But they were delicious!

amy kelinda said...

Have a fantastic turkey day. YOU WILL BE MISSED. My coworkers were at that Texans game last night, but I skipped out on all the fun (if you call $7 beer fun. I do not.) My favorite Thanksgiving memory has to be when I was about 15 or so, and we stuffed ourselves silly then promptly went outside after dinner to put up Christmas lights. We couldn't see what we were doing at all, and when we finally plugged everything in, it looked wonderfully tacky.

sarah said...

Oh man. I totally slacked on my own promise. I think I have adult onset ADD...


I have two favorite Thanksgiving memories...

(1) My parents host Thanksgiving every year. One year we were making stuffing and my little sister was really little, maybe 5 or 6, and she was helping with the onions. They started bothering her, so she left the room. We all figured she left because her eyes were irritated and kept cooking. She came back 2 minutes later with a goggle mask on (the kind that covers your eyes and nose) and jumped right back up to the mixing bowl with the onions.

(2) Last year I got wasted, passed out in the back of S's car outside of his brother's house. Woke up in time to hug his family and projectile vomit in his brother's bathroom.

on the Rhoads of life said...

Haha- I hear ya on the NFL! I have never really been a fan - much prefer college. I go to the Target near reliant stadium & inevitabily there is a football game everytime I want to go & of course I try to go on a Sunday at 11:30 & get stuck in horrible traffic...I think that makes me hate the Texans more.

Have a happy Turkey Day!

At least I'm skinny said...

Yessssssssss, I chose gold and I am a winner!

The only thanksgiving I can even remember is last years. I suck. I had to work and nowhere was open except an italian place run by middle eastern men. I ate pizza. Happy Thanksgiving to me!

Shandal said...

You should totally post those pics! Doesn't S want everyone to ooo and ahh over how cute you guys are? ;)

Cee said...

I'm glad you went with the gold shoes as they were my pick! I know you did that because you listen to me and I am wonderful. hehe

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving...the only Thanksgiving memory I can think of right now was that when I was 9 my dog died on Thanksgiving. Not so much a favorite memory but she was a good dog and lived to be 16. Other than that nothing really jumps out at me about Thanksgiving.

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

First things first:

S, I hear that you are pretty hot. You know that we are a bunch of lonely ass girls who just read blogs all day. We'd super heart seeing your hot hot picture on this hot hot blog. love you always.

Second:
Why can't half of you ever follow instructions. I'm starting a blog about how to read blogs.

Third:
I have 0 Thanksgiving fab memories. Why? Because it's usually my birthday and by birthday I mean NOT my birthday, it's Thanksgiving first and I have to eat the dumb turkey which I do not like. I like pasta.

You're quitting now for the week? Lazy.

SugarBritches said...

I hail from the great state of Missoura but now reside in AR which everyone seems to think is Arizona but hello it really stands for Arkansas jackasses.

New to your blog and love it!

BakerGirl said...

My favorite turkey day memory is when we went to my Aunt's in-laws one year and she had made seafood gumbo. It was the grossest gumbo I've ever had and it gave everyone serious stomach problems.

Why is that my favorite memory? I don't know, it was miserable at the time and now we laugh at her horrible cooking. :-)

Llama said...

My favorite memory of thanksgiving is the same as it is ever year since i have been a kid...i NNEEEEDDD the wish bone! I never can wait long enough and did and pry until i find it....plus i have to beat my brother to it!

brit @ landlocked bride said...

Have fun! We're leaving MO for the holiday, so no winery trip this time :(

mamagooch said...

Hope you had/have fun in Missoura! This is my first year not going to St. Louis for the holidays and I MISS IT!

Carol said...

I'm taking engagement pictures this weekend too! You'll have to post yours!

ZDub said...

OK, post those goddamn pictures anyway! My husband didn't know about my blog for like 18 months and even now he probably couldn't tell you the URL.

I really need to see the photos. Because I'm supportive. And by supportive, I mean NOISY.