Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Utter. Deliciousness.

I would like to dedicate this post to whoever (whomever?) once Googled "cool exciting chicken dinners" and wound up on my site. Hopefully this time they will stay longer than a minute.

Disclaimer: I don't cook, nor do I play one on TV. I have no idea if this is the same recipe I am talking about, but it seems like it should be. Take any food related advice I give you with a grain of salt.

This weekend, pre-trick-or-treating joke telling, I had the most delicious dip ever created: Hot Wing Chicken Dip (capitalized because it deserves RESPECT).

I will warn you, SOME PEOPLE who don't like delicious combinations like cottage cheese and jalapeno chips, don't like this dip (*cough cough* S *cough cough*). But they also don't like guacamole, so in matters of dip, they should not be consulted.

Apparently it is for sale in grocery stores, although not in any grocery store I have called (yes, I may have spent Monday morning calling around...please don't judge).

So I did what I always do in these sorts of situations...I googled.

And I found the recipe*:

Hot Wing Chicken Dip - Lindsey's**
8oz Ranch dressing (I use Hidden Valley)
8oz Whipped cream cheese
8oz Hot Sauce(We like Budweiser's hot sauce)
4-5 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1. Cook Chicken(I just boiled mine)
2. Let cool and then shred
3. Mix everything together
4. Place in a 13x9 baking dish and bake on 350 until is is bubbling all over (about 20-30 minutes)
Serve with tortilla chips (I like the scoops...it is a chunky dip so these chips make it easier to eat)
This is a really good app.

This picture makes the dip look gross. It is not gross. It is AMAZING.


*Like I said, I have no idea if this is the same dip...I haven't tried to make it yet, so use at your own risk. But it did come from the Saint Peters Playgroup Cookbook (and S has been pulled over in Saint Peters) and the second time I had it this weekend was in Saint Peters, so I am guessing it's pretty legit. If not, blame Lindsey.

**I don't know Lindsey, but I tried to correct some of her glaring grammatical errors. Note to self: when submitting your recipe for publication in the neighborhood cookbook, use spell check.

29 comments:

carrie1 said...

OMG...... I LOVE this dip! The only pain in the ass thing is shredding the chicken! =( I make Chris do that while he is watching football. (my cute little chopper from pampered chef is in the attic)

Summer @ B is for Brown said...

OMG. I need this now. Heaven in my mouth!

amy kelinda said...

Mmmmmm, hot wing chicken dip. I'm not a fan of guac, so does that make me null and void when it comes to dip consultation? I do love a good spinach and artichoke dip, though! That's gotta count for something!

Ams said...

Mmmmmm... this looks SO good!

Dollface said...

the dip looks amazing!! and did someone really google that and wind up on you, ahhh xxxxooo

Sole Matters said...

that sounds pretty good!!!

"Julie" said...

cottage cheese=gross. I agree with "S". But guac is amazing (it's my people remember?)

Cee said...

I make this all the time...so yummy. I use blue cheese instead of ranch though.

Mrs. Bear said...

HAHA I love that you can tell how someone stumbled upon your website!

One of my newly acquired cousin-in-laws gave me her recipe for spicy chicken dip when I first met her because I ate almost half of the bowl she made! Granted that was 5 years ago when my tummy could handle that creamy cheesy spicy chicken-y goodness.

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

I take big issue with mystery white cream type foods:
cream cheese...to vague
sour cream...cream shouldn't be sour that spells trouble
cottage cheese...lumps galore?

So i'm IFFY on this. But I love guac and spice and things. I'LL TRY IT FINE.

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

I take big issue with mystery white cream type foods:
cream cheese...to vague
sour cream...cream shouldn't be sour that spells trouble
cottage cheese...lumps galore?

So i'm IFFY on this. But I love guac and spice and things. I'LL TRY IT FINE.

Mrs. Sitcom said...

Ohmygosh...do you think it would be appropriate to leave work RIGHT NOW to make a beeline home to make this dip?! And then eat the whole thing before Mr. Perfect comes home so he is nonethewiser?! No? Harumphf!

But seriously...this looks delicious. Reminds me of a recipe I read for Buffalo Chicken Dip (takeoff on Buffalo Chicken Wings)!

brit @ landlocked bride said...

Sounds delish! My mom makes something similar!

Shanny said...

This looks sooooo goood! I want, I want!

Kristin said...

Doesn't look gross to me. I'd tear into that in a second! I'm flying into Bush tomorrow. Tell me it's not hot!

Stephanie said...

My fetemail is down, which is gross, but I promise I'm writing back ridiculously soon. With visuals. Get excited.

FashionAddict said...

OMGosh, what a fantastic recipe. I can't wait to make it! Did you get the TJMaxx card??

Meaghan said...

that looks delicious. if you want another super quick fun dip..take a block of creme cheese and spread in the bottom on a backing dish top with canned chili and cheese..heat in oven until bubbly and melted..serve with tortilla chips..delicious

mamagooch said...

Yum! I'll definitely have to make that for my hubby sometime. Delishhh.

PS: St. Peters, MO? If so... I grew up 30 mins from there (in Warrenton)! aaaand if you're not talking about MO, I feel stupid.

PPS: Re: your Christmas tree comment - that pic was from last year :) Way too early. My hub does not like pics taken so I had to dig.

Midtown Girl said...

This looks absolutely DELISH!! Think I will try this recipe soon...

And thank you for mentioning spell check..why is this not standard procedure???

LOL!!

DREW'S MOM said...

sounds delish to me!!! it'll be added to my "Really need to try when you learn to cook" recipes =)

Allyson said...

ooooo i want some!!

i heart google :)

Jane said...

Um... this is not okay. I will make this now and then I will gain 20lbs. Haha just kidding, but it sounds delicious! Will have to control and only make when going to a party!

Whitney said...

I've never met a dip I didn't like and this one appears to be no exception to the rule. Can't wait to try it!
PS: Don't you just love seeing how people get to your blog?! It's one of the best forms of entertainment!

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

what's going on here besides nothing?

Serena from Style on a String said...

I am not a fan of spicy anything but I'll give anything a shot once.

Saving that recipe to try it later.

P.S. I am a totally new blogger, and I’d love for you to come by and check out my blog!

http://www.StyleString.com

Fabulocity in Amish Country said...

Hey I just stumbled upon your blog! Just so you know.... You can cut down on time by using canned chicken! I know that sounds gross (and with most other dishes it's really not the best), but with this it totally works! You mix 10 oz. of canned chicken *drained of course* with a half cup of Ken's buffalo chicken marinade. Layer the bottom with a block of cream cheese, spread the delish chicken and marinade mixture over top, spread some ranch love, and then put on your shredded cheese! Cook for like 20 mins on 350. So, it's almost exactly like yours... however, it may take you less time and be just as delish!! :) Just food for thought.

Christina
fabulousiseverywhere.blogspot.com

laurenfromtexas said...

Aaaaaand now my mouth is watering. THANKS A LOT :)

At least I'm skinny said...

I sent this to my friend for her party on Saturday and it was gone before I got there so I missed out. She said it was amazing though.