Tuesday, December 22, 2009

That One Time I Yelled at An Old Man During the Holidays.

So remember how S is temporarily crippled?

Well, yesterday was his first day back at work. Thrilling, I know. I dropped him off at work with relatively little incident. After work, I went by his office to pick him up. I did everything I was supposed to...I called early to give him time to come down, I circled the block so I didn't cause congestion in front of the building, etc.

I circle around and see him exiting the elevator. I pull up to the curb, get out of the car and run around to open the door so he can get in. (Sidenote: there are some ghetto-ass people that loiter permanently outside of his building and a bunch of the commuter buses stop outside his building)

(Me frantically running to the rear passenger side to open the door for S, exiting the elevator ON CRUTCHES)
Random Old Man Wearing a Lanyard/ID Badge Around His Neck: You can't park there.
Me: I'm just picking someone up who is handicapped.
ROMWaLIDBAHN: Don't matter.
Me: He's right there.
ROMWaLIDBAHN: This is a loading zone.
Me: I'm loading A HANDICAP PERSON.
ROMWaLIDBAHN: They'll right* you a ticket.
(at this point ROMWaLIDBAHN is in my face/personal space)
Me: THEN CALL THE F*!%ING COPS!


So...yeah...Merry f*!%ing Christmas.







*This man was wearing a lanyard and being mean to someone helping a cripple. Even though it was verbal, I know he was thinking "right" instead of "write" because obviously he is not as intelligent as I am. Obviously. I hate MODG.
sarah (signature)

20 comments:

meredith said...

i love it and wish S had taken a pic to document the whole scene. next time put up the moustache.

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

is righting a ticket the same as writing one?

what's your hate level for me right now?

Cee said...

I think everyone is allowed one "yell at random person during the holidays" each year. I commend you for actually doing it to the persons face instead of in your car to yourself like I did yesterday!

Dollface said...

omg did this really happen!! yikes! xxxoo

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

Isn't it sad how ridiculously grinchish people can be? Seriously...you're there for 30 seconds picking up someone on crutches and he couldn't just say "Let me help you with the door?" Good for you for telling him off...I wouldn't have been that brave but I would have been pretty irate with him.

Perfectly Pleasant said...

Sometimes people are just so hard to be nice to!

Good comeback, on the loading!

gayle said...

Perfect!!! You were perfect!!!

HoustonGurly said...

He deserved to be yelled at. You should have told him to mind his own effing business.

What is it this year?!?! Where is the Christmas Spirit? I'm not feeling it... I think Christmas came too soon this year.

"Julie" said...

he was wearing a lanyard...that's reason enough to yell if you're asking me

Monique-aka-Surferwife23 said...

Oooh, you are so gonna be in deep shit with Santa. That was probably Santa's recovering alcoholic little brother you just cussed at.

bananas. said...

good for you! i would've done the same thing :)

merry effin christmas!

ihatemichigan said...

it's good to know that the minumum wage guy they hire to keep people out of the loading zone is so considerate of others. I bet he's the first to complain about what he's owed.

kcgirlgeek said...

I think you handled that BEAUTIFULLY. :)

Midtown Girl said...

when are you going to start doing v-logs. Do you know how hilarious a video of this would be - LOL!

Elizabeth Marie said...

This is what I like to read.

what a fuckface.

Llama said...

What the f*cK? Are you kidding me? Some people! I don't care who or what...i would have yelled too! Ridiculous!

FashionAddict said...

Awwww, that old man had it coming if you ask me.

Cuddleslut said...

I love this time of year... Parking lot disturbances all over the place. I prefer to scream 'MERRY CHRISTMAS' angrily while giving the finger beneath my mittens.

I'm sure the old man has 'rhoids.

Mrs. Sitcom said...

I think you were two nice to him. (Because that's how he'd think "too.")

jules said...

I love that you yelled at him. He probably would have had the officer "rite" you a ticket though.