Tuesday, December 15, 2009

True Story.

Backstory: The dog is old and in his old age, he has gotten particularly ornery. Not mean at all, but very set in his ways and a little particular about things. He doesn't like to be interrupted when he's sleeping. He also has a habit of making sure everyone else in the house is awake if he has woken up. Lucky for everyone involved, he likes to wake up around 6:30 (even on Saturdays) and loves to breathe hot old dog breath in your face until you get up, so as a result I try and wake him up whenever I see him napping during the day/early evening.

MONDAY night...

Me (yelling...hence the ALL CAPS): JUNIOR! WAKE UP! IT'S TIME TO PARTY!
{ dog just lays there, ignoring me }
S: He's not listening. Mr. Junior knows it's Tuesday and it's time to be resting, not partying.
Me: { dramatic pause } Um, it's Monday.
S: { blank stare }


Maybe it is the pain medication?

sarah (signature)

15 comments:

Samma said...

Hahahah that's hilarious. I have a problem with being vastly entertained by saying strange things to my dogs, or making my dogs say inappropriate things to me in their designated voice which I have invented for them.

Shanny said...

Lol that's right payback time! Too bad he just ignores you though. I would be jumping out of the bed if I had a doggie, as cute as he may be, breathing hot breath in my face while sleeping. Can I borrow him as my alarm? :)

Cee said...

Sometimes I mix up what day it is even without pain meds.

Ams said...

Hahaha that's hilarious!

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

can we get some pictures in this SITUATION? I'm tired of just words and my ADD is in active mode.

ps cats don't do that shit.

Clemson Girl said...

that'll teach S to try and back talk for the dog

Bathwater said...

Send me some of those pain meds!

Monique-aka-Surferwife23 said...

Who was more doped up? S or Jr?

blueviolet said...

Definitely the pain meds!

anotherfishinthesea said...

Sounds strangely reminiscent of my 15 year old puppy. Cranky old thing. She does manage to race around the house for every meal time however.

prashant said...

I would be jumping out of the bed if I had a doggie, as cute as he may be, breathing hot breath in my face while sleeping.

Work from home India

Milltini said...

So funny--must be the meds. Love the new look!

Kristin said...

Can I get in on that action? I wouldn't mind losing a day or two if it meant I could rest. Ah ha ha

Midtown Girl said...

Aww!! LOL - prob the meds! Your dog sounds like a sweetie - I have to monitor my dog's sleeping sched too otherwise she will keep me up all night!

Mizz Miranda said...

I know I am behnd but I am new to this blog so I'm catching up on all of your witty goodness while bored at work... I just LOLed and cried a little reading this at my desk!!! I have twin kittens and one is VERY loud and persistant when he gets up in the morning to be fed. He meows in my face while sitting on my chest (or arm if laying on side) and purrs like an old washing machine at around 5:30am every day. If I move he knows I hear him and keeps going so I have to pretend to be asleep so he'll go away.... really? I'm faking sleep cause of a little bitty bossy kitten??? we know who's runnin my house don't we?