Friday, December 4, 2009

You think you know...

...but you have no idea...

Who are you?
My name is Sarah (with an h...my parents were not lazy and neglectful in the naming process). I'm not trying to brag, but some have described me as "amaze balls," which makes me a pretty big deal. I live in Texas (sorta, but not really) by choice, but (not-so) secretly want four seasons.


What does your blog name mean...i mean really?
"a life more exciting..." is the partial title of my (still unwritten, but inevitably going to be best-selling) memoir.


What are your favorite things and your hate things?
Favorite things: S, champagne, Bravo TV, Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, 48 Hours/Dateline/20/20/Snapped, macaroni & cheese, reality television of most sorts (except Survivor and Big Brother and anything on VH1), pictures of myself, celebrity gossip, books, fountain drinks, manicures

Hate things: germs, traffic, gum smackers, the show Law & Order, ugly people, cockroaches, humidity, halter tops, strangers on air planes who try and talk to you for the ENTIRE FLIGHT, vampires


How did you get to be so awesome?
It took years of preparation to become as awesome as I am now, but I truly believe I was born with this gift. Unfortunately, at this time there is no room in my schedule to instruct my readers on how to be like me. However, I have gone to great lengths to find a similar program that may meet all of your needs. It can be found HERE.


Who is S?
S is my better half/sidekick. He is very nice, but also doesn't trust me with the power of the internet so he doesn't want me to use his name. But to be honest, I don't know if we can really trust him to make decisions regarding the internet because he has dial-up and lacks a DVR (clearly can't be trusted).


Any special code of conduct for the blog?
Of course, with great power comes great responsibility, so please follow these rules:
- Here at ALME, compliments are gladly accepted. In fact, they are preferred. But since this is my blog and not yours (or anyone else's for that matter), please make sure to compliment me before you compliment anyone(thing) else.
- Comment often and comment early, but for the love of Ray J PLEASE have your comment pertain to something. No comments for the sake of commenting. When in doubt, please see the above listed rule.


Are you willing to get ordained online to become a wedding minister?
Absolutely. If you are interested in having me perform your wedding ceremony, please click the contact link above.



sarah (signature)

21 comments:

Monique-aka-Surferwife23 said...

How in Hells Bells do you not like reality shows produced by VH1?! I was under the impression that you were as tacky as I was. I stand corrected. My apologies, apparently you have an ounce of class.

At least I'm skinny said...

I am watching Law & Order Criminal Intent right now. It is amazing.

brit @ landlocked bride said...

You're too funny! Love this post and I hate Law & Order, too. Especially on Sunday nights when it takes over Bravo.

Elizabeth Marie said...

My Antonio kind of completed my life. I'm just saying.

And those pesky ugly people.

Ams said...

You are very picky with your rules ;)
I just discovered Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders... omg... I don't even know what to say. I just have to find out what channel it comes on here in lovely Canada so I can watch it as often as it is on!

xo

Mrs. Bear said...

Where the heck did you get these questions? I LOVE IT! Thanks for letting us 'get to know you' in a different way than usual. I might copy your brilliant idea in some way, shape, or form... please don't get mad.

rootsandrings said...

I HATE when people comment about nothing. Drives me crazy. I won't visit you blog if you leave me a pointless comment.

Samma said...

I don't get Sarah without an "h". I have an instant bias against people without the h, even though that is there name through no fault of their own, and my name is Samma Faye leaving me no room to judge others' names at all.

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

wanna get ordained now and we can be dueling ministers?

Bren said...

i am also a sarah with and "h"...i feel bad for sarah's with no "h" they suck

Carol said...

Seriously, what would we do without Bravo!?

mamagooch said...

Fav thing about this post: you hate ugly people.

Shanny said...

LOL you are hilarious! And absolutely 100% awesome... (compliment done)
And thanks for the warning about S, I definitely don't trust him. No DVR?... the horror!

Kristin said...

Doth my eyes deceive me? L&O hater??? Blasphemy! I'll overlook it and still ask you over for a bottle or two of bubbly. You don't mind hopping on a plain do you?

FashionAddict said...

Hmmmmm...yes, those who do not have DVR by choice shouldn't be trusted regarding technology. It's the single best thing God ever invented.

6p00e54ffac4fc8834 said...

As someone who was on an airplane all flippin day, I agree with you on the dislike of random people who try to talk to you. My flight was bad due to weather, and I'm getting thrown all over the seat while the lady in the row is like "this is awful, blah blah blah." I'm like, "lady, shut up, because it is taking everything I got right now not to vomit all over this plane." So I didn't really say that but I was thinking it. However...I can't believe you don't like Law & Order. What's up with that?! :D

And I totally laughed at your "forget school, blogging is the key to success" comment you left for me over at Chelsea's blog. Heheh :)

http://jillbarnett.typepad.com

hotpants™ said...

I guess I can look past your hate for vampires since you love 20/20, Dateline, 48 Hours and celebrity gossip. Those are a few of my favorite things.

Queen of Feisty said...

Hmrph. I was thinking that since I am in love with MODG (just been following her for a month now) and she LOVES you so much that you would be fanfuckingtastical too.

BUT I must say as much as I am falling for your blog, I am sad to see that you don't love Survivor, Big Brother or anything on VH1. Boo hoo all of my favorites. If you tell me HGTV is bad tv I may have to cry.

Alright I'm over it, I still think your pretty bad ass, I would like to stalk... I mean follow you now.

Hooray!!

Queen of Feisty

amy kelinda said...

Dial up? Really?! Does he also have AOL? Also, I agree that people who try to take to you for an entire flight are awful people. No, they don't even have to be strangers. When I'm on an airplane, I want to take my Dramamine and KNOCK OUT, not sit and shout-chat with you because we're sitting near the wing and those turbines are deafening.

Unless I'm sitting next to YOU, of course. :)

celebrittany said...

okay ummm honestly, im not a huge fan of uglies myself.

i am now compleeetely addicted to the super funny hilar show GLEE and have to say that i fully identify with this here quote:

"all i want is just one day a year where i'm not visually assaulted by uglies and fatties."

ps. can we just mention how satisfying the dial-up noises were back in the day? i don't think i'd find them quite as satisfying now. i'll just keep them as good[ish] memories.

diary said...

was is MODG?