Monday, January 4, 2010

Coming to You From the Future...

...except we are all here, so really it's nothing spectacular...

Remember back in the 80's (or maybe it was the 90's?) when we were all completely convinced that by "the new millennium" we would all be in flying cars? Or at the very least cars that we plugged in when we stopped at the grocery store? Oh man. I am so glad that never happened. I can never remember to charge my cell phone let alone my vehicle and I don't think my boss would buy the whole "Geez. Remembering to plug in the car at night is SO tricky" more than once or twice. After all, it would be THE FUTURE. And none of us exploded or were taken over by the Chinese or robots or whatever was supposed to happen in Y2K.

Anyhow, we have all obviously made it this far. So welcome to 2010.

Here's the deal...I was out sick a couple of days last week and now am having to play catch-up at work. I hate catch-up. So I need you people to do me a favor...leave me questions. Is there anything you are dying to know? You probably want my advice on SOMETHING. ANYTHING. Ask me some stuff and let's see what sort of answers I can come up with.

Welcome to your future, bitches.

sarah (signature)

16 comments:

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

Dear Alme,
What should my goals be for 2010. Please list 3.
Hearts,
MODG

Mrs. Sitcom said...

What is your prediction for the 'Drink of the Future"? ie What should I imbibe copiously over the coming year? :)

jessalyn said...

i would appreciate secrets to staying skinny please. i need to be as skinny as possible with little to no effort
thanks :)

Kristin said...

Any advice on how to tangle a horrible jungle of a mane into something presentable. I'm thinking gorgeous 40s style waves. You said ask anything.

ZDub said...

How do you feel about UGG boots?

How do you feel about UGG boots + leggings?

Should I adopt a baby from Asia?

Milltini said...

Hi! I totally thought that 2010 would mean that the world would look like it did for the Jetson family. And you are so right, having to charge a car would = disaster for me as well.

Here's a question for you...I've stolen it from the book of stupid questions and would like your take: "The first time corn popped, do you think it scared the hell out of the Indians?"

Discuss.

meredith said...

if you could have any super power, what would it be and why. answer must be at least two sentences.

Cee said...

Tell us about your wedding plans!

brit @ landlocked bride said...

When are you coming back to STL so we can have a blogger wineries trip?

Casey said...

would you rather know it all or have it all?
why???

Melli said...

Dear Sarah,

There are people who have to plug in their cars - they are called Canadians. It's so flippin cold up there that if you don't plug your car in at the grocery store, it won't start when you come out. I lived there for a year - it's hell on earth. (Not Canada, just where I lived).

Hugs,
Melli

At least I'm skinny said...

Where can I find myself a suitable boyfriend so the boys I work with will stop making fun of me?

I have very low standards - beating heart, not homeless, not a 500lb virgin, etc.

I was at work and didn't read blogs for a couple of days or else I would have had a better response time.

Kel and Jame said...

Dear Sarah,
I like this boy and he doesn't like me back. I can't believe it either, but said was confirmed today when we entered into a facebook relationship with my competitor. I do not find her a worthy opponent. Nor is he good for me. Whats my next move?

hello gorgeous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today. I'm adding you and your girl MODG. You two are quite entertaining.

hello gorgeous said...

(to my blogroll, that is) Too many Tuesday martinis...

FashionAddict said...

Um, yeah, I remember my Dad had a karosene heater and a lot of canned good stored in our basement b/c of the Y2K fear, LOL.