Thursday, January 28, 2010

Is Today Over Yet?

I am out of topics this week.  We will discuss my feelings on the garter toss, but that has to wait.  I can't overload on wedding topics or my head will explode.  I have literally spent the last week obsessing over the address list for save the dates, so give me some time to decompress...

But as promised, more of your questions and my answers.  Thrilling, I know.

Today's question comes from Kiera: "does your fiance read your blog? is that a problem with you?"

Yes, Kiera, he reads my blog.  When I first started blogging, I told him I was blogging, but wouldn't give him the address.  He threw a temper tantrum and I realized it wasn't worth fighting about so I told him.  Now, he reads daily and reads comments and reads at least one blog that I follow.

For the most part, I don't care.  He's slightly more anal than I am about the whole "no showing face" thing, but other than that, it's not bad.  He also likes to edit stories that are about him (and correct my stories when he thinks I am wrong or not giving him enough credit).

He thinks blogging is weird, but he thinks most of the shit I do is weird, so he really doesn't care.  He tells people about it all the time too.  His family knows, the people in our marriage class know about it, random friends know about it (shout out to B!), and I am pretty sure the cashier at the grocery store knows about it...

As he has gotten more used to me blogging, he suggests topics now and then or pictures or whatever.

Unlike MODG, I'm fortunate because my in-laws only have dial-up internet (my in-laws and their son, S, are AOLs last paying dial-up customers...true story) so I am really in no danger of having to edit what I say.  Plus, I talk like this in front of them most of the time anyway so it really wouldn't phase them.


Other questions, comments, concerns.  Get your shit together because tomorrow is Fun Fact Friday and I need you people to bring the noise.

sarah (signature)

26 comments:

Blonde Bookworm! said...

Its funny this is what your post is about today because just last night I was talking to the guy I am sorta/kinda seeing and he asked me two questions, claiming I had to at least answer one of them:
"whats your blog address?" and "how many people have you slept with?". Lets just say, hes probably been reading my blog for the last 24 hrs because there was no way I was ready to answer that other little gem he sent my way!! :-p

Ams said...

Haha... see S has my blog address now but I am not even sure if he reads it. I am not editing either... eff everyone else.

Ams said...

Haha... see S has my blog address now but I am not even sure if he reads it. I am not editing either... eff everyone else.

Kiera said...

a) good answer
b) that's interesting that he cares about 'showing face.' I'm not sure why, it just is
c)You are so. fortunate. your inlaws dont read it. that's awesome.

foxy said...

Man, that is EXACTLY how my husband is. He reads all my posts, all my comments, makes his own verbal comments and always ALWAYS tells me when I have a new follower. :) Which is just super funny to me.

Actually, now that I think about it, he ACTS like he doesn't care, but really, it seems like he cares just as much as I do!

jules said...

Good deal about the dial up. That def keeps unwanted readers at bay. My bf knows about mine, but he's really not that interested I don't think.

amy kelinda said...

My boyfriend still doesn't know my blog address. BRUHAHAHAHAHA!!! It's not because I have a problem with him reading it. I just want him to keep guessing about what I'm saying on there about him. (I don't really say anything about him, but he THINKS I do...)

Karls said...

Micko is an avid reader of my blog. He loves the bloody thing! So, what the hell is Marriage class?

Calling_Rhonda said...

At leasthe cares and puts in his input. My BF thinks my little blog is silly...which it is. Although I show face, nobody knows about it besides the BF. At least you don't filter even though people do know about it.

Courtney said...

Your in-laws are the last AOL dial up customers because my in-laws just switched to DSL last week. So we could Skype. Joy.

Cee said...

K is the only person in real life who knows about my blog. So naturally I make him read it. But I am pretty sure he likes MODG better and reads it more often than my blog.

Jane said...

W knows about my blog, but I haven't given him the address yet. For all I know he reads it though, he is one internet saavy guy.

Karena said...

I really think I need to get on this blog bandwagon. I am sooo two thousand and eight! And your in-laws are not alone. I know, I didn't think it possible that ANYBODY still had dial-up. But alas, I was at my BFF"s parents house and had to check something on my email and, well, that took an hour and a half. Seriously, AOL dial up?

Becki Jacket said...

It's kind of awkward that my older sister reads my blogs. I write about drinking, and I swear, I don't censor my blog that much...and she's a 'molly mormon' I guess you could say. But I decided that I don't even care.

Brown Girl said...

He sounds like M. M reads and tells everyone about it and then wants to correct me or ask me, why did you write that? What do you mean why did I write that? Because I felt like it, same reason I do everything else I do. You know this.

Kelly @ Dare to be Domestic said...

I encouraged my boyfriend to start his own blog. It's a great blog - only down fall it's WAY more creative than mine and I'm sort of jealous. So much for my great idea of getting him to blog.

My father just got away from dial up. But as you said I don't think I'd be too worried about what he read on mine, he has a bigger sailor mouth than I do.

I'm so ready for friday - bring it on!

Meagan@Megs7827 said...

Hubby doesn't like to read and doesn't care. I can leave blog posts I am working on up on the computer and he doesn't read them.

my favorite and my best said...

husbands reading blogs is a poison thorn in my side.

saltsays said...

I think that's cool that he cares so much. My fiancé does the same thing. He wants to write a guest blog and is being extra thoughtful about the topic, which is cute and also helps me be much less nervous about the whole thing.

brit @ landlocked bride said...

I love that your blog voice is your real voice.

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

My husband refuses to read my blog. He says it's like my diary. Umm...ok, my diary that I let hundreds of strangers read..including YOUR mother. Yeah, it's super private. Good thing you don't read it. Tard. I think he's just too lazy to look it up. Oh well, just means I can talk shit about him and he doesn't know. ;)

PS New follower by the way. LOVE the blog!

Levon said...

I dont even know if my spouse knows i blog, he's always like "what are you doing" and i'm all "it's none of your business". I do post the link to it on Facebook alot, and i know some people that read it. Other than that i think i might be the only one.

Elizabeth Marie said...

The guy I'm seeing has read every damn post. Not cool. I think its different because there are lot's of PRE-him mentions of men on my hoebag of a blog, so he doesnt like it. Silly boys.

Amanda said...

I ask my husband to read my blog and he won't do it! He says that's my thing. Whatever that means. But he thinks it's cool and will suggest topics. Last night he even dreamed about me blogging, so I think he's getting used to it.

MODG said...

hi.

MODG said...

just wanted to see if it was possible for me to have the lamest comment here.
it's not.