Thursday, January 14, 2010

True Story.

In case there was any doubt that I am mature beyond my years, the following conversation happened a couple of weeks ago at S's house:

Me: So MODG and I are trying to start this new club. It's really cool.
S: Who's in it?
Me: Well, so far, just us. But membership is pretty exclusive.
S: So no one wants to hang out with you guys on the internet anymore?
Me: No. Lots of people want to hang out, but we can't let everyone in.
S: What kind of club?
Me: The Pen 15 club.
S: Pen 15? What does that even mean?
Me: It's just a name that we thought was really neat, but if you want to join, I have to write it on your hand.
S: No.
Me: Fine. Then I guess you don't want to be supportive of me and my dreams.
S: Why Pen 15? Where does it come from? This sounds like a trap of some kind...
Me: Hold on. Let me just go get a pen...
S: Pen won't come off.
Me: Yes it will. I promise.
S: Pen 15? I still don't get it....
*I left the room to go get a pen*
S: ....Goddamnit. Pen 15 spells penis. You can't write that on my hand.
Me: No. It doesn't. Only a pervert would think that.
S: Yes. It spells penis.
*cue temper tantrum by me*
S: Fine. But it better come off before work tomorrow.



sarah (signature)

34 comments:

mamagooch said...

Bahahahahahahahahaha!

carrie1 said...

ha ha ha ...... REALLLLLLLL.... CLASSY! =)

audreybella said...

Love it! Thanks for the morning laugh.

The Only Girl said...

Love it. Might just have to try that one on my husband.

Cee said...

hahaha that was very big in the 5th grade.

Ashley Paige said...

"Fine, but it better come before work tomorrow." Thats my favorite part!!

KristenLisa said...

ha ha ha ha ha

Dollface said...

oh my gosh... only you and MODG can think of a club like that!! hahahah xxxooo

Sonja said...

bwahahahahaahaha!!

jessalyn said...

i don't think that's a good way to convince S that MODG should go to the wedding. js.

AuntBT said...

just brilliant!!!

Kelly @ Dare to be Domestic said...

LOVE IT!

Sole Matters said...

HAHAHA I cant believe he fell for it! too funny!

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

SARAH.
Now we can't do this to others. The club was secret. Now what?

WE'll need some sort of vagina club now.

meredith said...

oh my gosh, i just died laughing. i'm such an idiot, i had no idea where this was going. my 17 year old brother will love this.

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman said...

Hahaha!!!!!!!! Love it.

jayme said...

i was in this club in 5th grade, no joke. but i'm all for re-joining!

Hailey {HRH} said...

haha!! OMGOODNESS now thats a funny story! :)

love in other words said...

oh dear - i haven't heard about the PEN 15 club since middle school - i wonder who i can actually convince to let me write penis on them before they realize what is happening

Ams said...

Hhaahahaha you kill me.

Existential Waitress said...

I so want to write "penis" on my husband's hand now...

Monique-aka-Surferwife23 said...

oh good grief. Add me to the 'did this in 5th grade' club. Think my 2nd grader is too young to learn this and spread among his friends like an STD?

B-Dub said...

I will sign up for a penis club any day of the week. Just don't tell the hubby....

Shanny said...

Hilarious!
You pervert you =)

SassyGirl said...

How did he not immediately know what Pen15 was???
Your fiance sounds like a lame-o, no offense. Make him surf the Internetz more.

Mrs. Sitcom said...

Fan. FREAKING. Tastic.

PS I want in.

brit @ landlocked bride said...

Bahaha! He had never heard of that?! Too funny!

I am Trish Marie said...

I am pretty sure you two didn't think of that club. I think THIRD GRADE did. But? I am so proud of you two for being about to get somebody over the age of nine.

Now. Is it bad parenting if I go teach that to my third grader?

Kristin said...

Mind if I do this to the hubs?

Tara said...

Haha! If that isn't maturity, I don't know what is.

HoustonGurly said...

Hahahahaha!

ZDub said...

Heh. Well played.

anotherfishinthesea said...

Bwhahah. Love the *cue temper tantrum. So pulled that one with J before.

Cat said...

that is quite possibly the funniest thing EVER!