Wednesday, February 10, 2010

An Open Letter.

Dear Neighbor,

I realize you are a firefighter or an EMT or both (but definitely not neither because once you came to your house in an ambulance, which to be honest, I'm not sure is totally legal).  But this does not explain why you insist on coming home and getting into and out of the car repeatedly at my bed time.

For a while, I was consistently going to be at somewhere around 10:30.  Every night you came home, banged around in your driveway and went inside (I  know what you were doing because more than once I was CONVINCED my car was being broken into and peeked out the window with my cell phone in hand so I could call the cops...false alarm).  Last night I went to bed slightly earlier than I had been (my preferred time of 9 o'clock, thankyouverymuch), and you were back in your driveway banging around.

Is this some sort of joke?  Honestly, I am not even mad about this, more just confused.  Why does this always happen as I am going to bed?  Are you stalking me and you have to put up your spy equipment once I go to bed?

Please explain yourself.

Hugs,
sarah (signature)

19 comments:

Kelly @ Dare to be Domestic said...

I think it's time to test his fire fighting skills with a flaming bag o' dog doo on his front step. (Although I would advise making your man do this, not you).

amy kelinda said...

I like Kelly's suggestion.

Classy Fab Sarah said...

My neighbor is an EMT and the ambulance stops at her house all.the..time.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that's illegal.

♥Aubrey said...

Seriously...we must have some WEIRD neighbors, because mine does the same thing. Every night before i go to bed...which is at different times each night might i add...and then again when i wake up. Psycho dudes i say!!! They seem to know our schedules and need to STOP immediately. It's rude and they need to learn some manners.

jules said...

Omg, that would infuriate me. I would ever so politely, ask him what the hell he is doing every night!

Oughta Say No said...

NINE PM bedtime?!

Karls said...

What a sucky neighbour... I don't give a shit if the guy is saving lives, he should have a little more courtesy.

We have a neighbour that sometimes get drunken late night visitors... they talk out the front of his house and I wake up with a start cause it sounds like they are seriously standing over my bed talking to me. Drives me INSANE!

Peg said...

lol what? 9pm is not too late to be arriving home. Wear some earplugs.

Cee said...

So annoying! I like Kelly's idea too.

Brown Girl said...

Go over and ask him what the F he is doing. And then tell him to stop whatever the F is.

Emma said...

Where did your neighbors come from!? Grr!!

Kelly @ Dare to be Domestic said...

I saw an ambulance pull into a package store (liquor) today at lunch. It made me very uncomfortable and wonder if THAT was legal. And there was no cause for alarm or need of this, that I could tell from outside.

landlocked bride said...

That stinks.

One of our neighbors likes to leave and come home fifty bajillion times a day. I swear they open their door and close/lock it so many times, it makes me think drug dealers live there.

wines constantly said...

My old neighbor had a bajillion and a half visitors. Including the cops. Turned out there was mad drug dealing going on in my building. Super awesome to know.

I recommend dealing w/your neighbor like I dealt with assholes who peed on my porch in college - Water balloons. Especially in winter, they make a very solid point.

Sarah RDH said...

We used to have the same problem....but the ambulance was coming to help the old man across the street. :( boo. He's 92 and in a retirement home now. I was sad.

MODG said...

Just my 2 cents: He's definitely stalking you with said spy equipment because only because you are such a gem. Really, a real gem ALME.

Who wouldn't stalk you?
Hearts

HoustonGurly said...

Better than having a neighbor sing SO LOUD that you can hear him singing INSIDE his house while you're in your kitchen. And no, I do NOT live in any kind of attached building. I own a regular ole house.

FashionAddict said...

I used to have some crackhead neighbors that were constantly getting in and out of their cars late at night. Wish I had some advice, but I just pretty much moved in with my hubby (then BF) rather than dealig with it, LOL.

MrsDixon said...

Your neighbor is clearly a spy! You must retaliate and find equally irriatating ways to frustrate him! I love your blog!