Thursday, March 18, 2010

Miss Me?

Hey there.

I didn't forget about any of you.  I left town last Thursday for Santa Barbara and came back late Sunday night.  (The trip was fabulous, thanks for asking.  Amazing weather.  Lots of wine.  S and I had a great time.  I can  get into details later if you like.)

I came back to work Monday.  Did my thing until around 2 or 3 in the afternoon when I got called into my boss' office and was laid off because my position was being eliminated (or was it consolidated?...who knows).

I have spent most of the week trying to come up with some semblance of a resume and figure out what I am going to do.

The good news is that I was ready to let go of that old job.  I had a feeling that the lay-offs were on there way.  No idea why I didn't actually ever start looking in other places but I didn't.  I was underpaid and had the world's shittiest commute, so the way I see it, nothing but good can come from this little incident.

More good news: being unemployed gives me more time for blogging.  I'll see what I can do about posting more.  Deal?  Deal.




P.S. Brown Girl your explanation on garter toss is coming.  I was going to do it this week, but a pity party trumped blogging.  Sorry.


P.P.S. Go here and vote for Jen.   She is a badass who just so happens to have breast cancer and was nominated by her friends to walk in the Survivor Parade at the Kentucky Oaks.  It will take all of 5 seconds of your life to vote, but do yourself a favor and take an extra 45 seconds to read her story.  (And if that doesn't convince you, she promised SGM she would stalk any and all members of the Bravo family that happen to be there.)  Go.  Now.

sarah (signature)

23 comments:

Brown Girl said...

Sorry about your job. Sad face to that.

But seriously, I was just wondering where the F you were. Glad you're back. No worries are responding in a timely manner. Pity parties are way more important. Even I know that.

Karls said...

That's the spirit! Sometimes a door needs to close, in order for another to open - or as I like to say, sometimes we need a swift kick up the arse, to get our arse into gear!

Kiera said...

psh yea i missed you. i just asked modg about you. i care that much. but im sure you already now that. congratulations on your new job lay off. welcome to the wonderful world of stay at home. your life has never been better.

Blonde Bookworm! said...

Sorry to hear about the job, but i heart your optimism!!!! I'm sure that great things are right aRound the corner ! :)

SGM said...

You're smart, nice (e.g. reposting for Jen--thank you), funny and skinny. I'm not worried about you at all.
xo

Nikosmommy said...

You have a great attitude!! This is a perfect opp. to look for something new and so much better.. good luck missy!!

kanishk said...

Sorry to hear about t
home jobs without registration
he job,

Sarah RDH said...

That stinks, but at least you're staying positive. When one door closes....another opens...

Classy Fab Sarah said...

So so sorry you got laid off! Even if it was coming... it still blows.

Good luck with the hunt!!

Cee said...

Sorry about the job but I'm glad your ok with it! I would love to hear about your trip...any vacation involving lots of wine is good with me.

Milltini said...

Sorry about the job, but sounds like its definitely for the best. Good luck with the search. Between you and me, I wish I had enjoyed my unemployed down time more than I did. go forth and revel!

Kaela said...

Welcome back - I agree with previous sentiments that you have the perfect attitude. You will find something that pisses you off way less!

Yay to more blogging, especially now that MODG has callously decided to vaca just as I'm starting to get back into Blogland. The nerve.

amy kelinda said...

I am glad that you're back! I missed my fellow Texan's rants and raves and random, random thoughts. I am very sorry about your job loss, but I am glad to hear that you are taking the turn of events in a great way. Good luck on the job hunt!

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry to hear about you loosing your job. I hope you find something soon.

d.a.r. said...

Sucky to hear about your job. But wow, you have an amazing attitude about it! Hope you find something more fulfilling!

ZDub said...

I voted, thanks for blogging that about Jen.

PAGEANT COACH.

Also, guess who's going to JAY-Z with SGM?

Sarah said...

Good for you for having a positive outlook! Good luck with the job search!

Sarah said...

Good for you for having a positive outlook! Good luck with the job search!

Kristin said...

I'm sorry lady...but it sounds like maybe it's not such a bad thing? You can come hang with me and the dude. We have a very exclusive club. You must be able to do at least one Wiggles dance.

Jill said...

i feel guilty that part of me is excited for hopefully excessive witty blogging is more often to come.

but obviously i'm not excited about the reasoning.

if you need a hiatus in austin then by all means, come visit the austin blogger gang!

Oughta Say No said...

Shitty buzz, but I'm glad you're seeing all the positives.

When life hands you lemons, throw them at someone. ;)

Now you can jump off from the great weekend that you had and start fresh, following this new path. (And more posting isn't half bad either!)

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I'm sorry about the job....but I'm sure something great is around the corner!

Miss E said...

I'm sorry to hear this. Even when you're ready, it's still a tough blow. The good thing is that there's something better just around the corner.