Wednesday, March 10, 2010

So Close.

Last night, I was almost approached by aliens.



Or so I thought.

I was laying in bed around 11:30 PM (i.e. way past my bed time) and there was a bright beam of light and a loud noise outside my window (like something was hovering).

At first, I was really nervous to open the blinds to see what the deal was (side note: it's weird that this makes me nervous because I am constantly convinced that someone is going to break into my car so I have mastered the sneaky "open the blinds without being seen" trick), but then I remembered that MODG once taught me that if you ask an alien if they are an alien, they have to say yes.  Plus, I spend a lot of time listening to Coast to Coast AM with S, so I decided I could handle this.

Then I heard police sirens.  And I got sort of pissed that one of my asshole neighbors (who are mostly old people, except the firefighter/EMS guy and family) called the cops.  The #1 rule of aliens/ghosts is don't call the police.  They always screw it up.

N.W.A. knew what was up.  Police have no respect for aliens/ghosts.


Come to find out, it wasn't aliens at all.  It was a police helicopter trying to find someone/chase someone down.

Or at least that's what the government is telling me.

sarah (signature)

18 comments:

Jane said...

Glad you weren't abducted. That would have sucked.

Laurel said...

haha I too am glad you aren't having breakfast with some three headed creature today. :)

"Julie" said...

maybe they're trying to set you up...so next time they come you'll be all "pshh it's not aliens it's a helicopter"...maybe.

mrs. darling said...

i'm with julie...aliens are all about trying to lull us into complacency and then WHAM, abduction.

but the helicopter thing freaks me out, too. escaped convicts?

amy kelinda said...

They're coming for you. Do you happen to live by a large field? Perhaps of corn? Or wheat?

Sarah RDH said...

wow. Our city has a police helicopter, but I don't think they've ever actually used it. Do you live in the hood?? Well where I live is pretty hood (that's why I moved to the next town over.) so I guess I shouldn't say much. lol

Kelly @ Dare to be Domestic said...

I wouldn't have been able to go back to sleep. We had that happen one night (helicopter) and I thought the SAME exact thing. I have an irrational fear of Aliens, like pee my pants and crap myself fear. I think the movie Fire in the Sky solidified that fear for me years ago when I watched it.

That being said I couldn't sleep after the "ghetto bird" flew over our house with the spot light looking for someone that escaped... CRIPES! What if that fugitive came to my house?!?!?

Thankfully they didn't come to yours!

If the aliens come for you, and you are not worried/or afraid, will you put in a bad word for me so they'll leave me alone? Thanks in advance!

ZDub said...

Troy totally needs that tattoo.

Helene said...

I love that tatoo...that's classic!!!! Disrepectful but classic!!

We had a helicopter hover over our house one night a long time ago...spotlights everywhere, talking on megaphones kinda stuff. I was convinced that some serial killer had gotten loose and was taking refuge in our backyard. Freaked me out!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Dollface said...

thats really scary..... might be cool if it was aliens though :) xxxoo

MODG said...

trying to chase down...AN ALIEN.

Just Add Walter said...

are you sure YOU are not an alien now? how do we know they didn't abduct "sarah" and replace her with an actual alien? I'm scared..... hehe

Cee said...

are you certain you were not abducted? they can alter your memories you know.

Lee the Hot Flash Queen said...

I am cracking up..must be that neighborhood you are living in...

Jenny DB said...

mwahaha i love it :)

Emma said...

bwa haa ha that picture is priceless.

Elizabeth Marie said...

OMG. I feel bad laughing.

WHATEVER.


Check my blog dude.

kanishk said...

the helicopter thing freaks me out, too. escaped convicts?
home jobs without registration